The Systems Administrator will participate the technical design and continued advancement of core infrastructure service capabilities and availability across the enterprise. In addition to ensuring information systems are available and engineered to industry best practices, the Systems Administrator will also act as a technical resource mentoring other infrastructure engineers while bringing new and creative ideas to the business.
- Responsible for Data center’s servers, storage and application processing, recommendations for new or enhanced systems, services and technologies throughout the company.
- Play key role in major initiatives.
- Implement automation tasks for endpoint standardization and ensuring stability and optimization of information processing environments.
- Configure endpoint and system protection strategies and adherence to hardening standards.
- Knowledge (4+ years) of Windows server including Active Directory (GPO, Forest Design, DNS, DHCP)
- 2+ years in a VMware environment
- General working knowledge with Storage Resource Management (NAS and SAN Technologies), EMC/Pure experience a plus.
- Experience with System Center or similar datacenter management tools
- Experience with Exchange/SharePoint administration and architecture concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal teams and external vendors
- Strong analytical and issue resolution skills
- Extra Consideration for: MS SQL server, ADFS, Redhat, Office 365, Airwatch
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work may require weekend and evening work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Will be required to undergo and pass background check and drug screen.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent. Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Coast Professional, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/COA1007COAST/JobBoard/c31fa32b-a98c-2595-d6d8-e023299b5b94/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=93a694e2-8c9a-4f30-a18a-a22e20f144a2 →